School Alert Emergency Notification System was tested Tuesday, Sept. 2
Posted Tuesday, September 2, 2014
We want to make you aware that a test of the School Alert Emergency Notification System was conducted Tuesday, Sept. 2.
Below is a reminder about the two mass communication systems the district manages, and instructions on how to create an account for each.
Loveland City School District ‘Sign Up for News’ and ‘School Alerts’
The Loveland City School District has two platforms for mass, direct communication:
• Sign Up for News – a system the district uses to communicate district and building news to parents and students through a once-a-week (Sunday) email distribution
• School Alerts – a system the district utilizes in the event of an emergency or closing; this system has the capability to distribute email, text, and voice message alerts
Each member of the Tiger Family wanting to receive these direct communications needs to create an account for either one or both. These are separate systems that require unique accounts.
SIGN UP FOR NEWS
If you are interested in keeping up with school/district news headlines by receiving a once-a-week eNewsletter, click here to access the link to create your account. (This link can also be accessed by going to www.lovelandschools.org and clicking on “Sign Up for News” located at the bottom of the Quick Links section.) Please contact Chief Information Officer Heather Higdon (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any additional questions. Directions are as follows:
• Step One: Personal Information. Provide the information as requested. Click Continue.
• Step Two: Contact Preferences. Provide the information as requested.
Enter your email, cell phone and cell carrier information. (Cincinnati Bell wireless is AT&T/Cingular); do not enter a landline phone number as it will be unable to receive text notification. Click Continue.
• Step Three: Dashboard Preferences. Provide the information as requested. Check the information you would like to receive. Click continue.
• Step Four: Confirm and Submit. When you have confirmed your information click Submit.
As of the 2014-15 school year, this is the only system that will distribute direct emergency and closing information.
Emergency and closing information will also be posted on the district website and on the district social media sites, which all members of the Tiger Family are encouraged to follow: Facebook (Loveland City Schools), Twitter (@lovelandtigers).
Visit the district website, under “Notifications” to access an instructional video detailing the steps you need to take to successfully sign up for this service. Please contact Business Manager John Ames (email@example.com) if you have any additional questions.