Loveland announces Innovative Classroom Grants
Posted Tuesday, October 4, 2016
It’s a new district-funded initiative designed to empower teachers and positively impact student achievement – today, the Loveland City School District officially released details about groundbreaking Innovative Classroom Grants available to teachers beginning in 2017.
“Our teachers are our most valuable resource to achieve our No. 1 goal – student growth,” said Loveland Superintendent Chad Hilliker. “This initiative helps foster in our teaching staff the very thing we are working to teach our students – innovation. We are very excited to launch this program, and can’t wait to see the ideas our rock star staff members develop.”
The Innovative Classroom Grants will be available to all current Loveland City School District certified teaching staff, and selection will run through a formal application process to consist of the following:
• October 17, 2016: Application and details of grant process made available
• November 22, 2016: Application due date
• November 28 - December 16, 2016: Applications reviewed
• January 9, 2017: Applicant notified of grant award
• February 2017: Loveland Innovator Academy workshop experience
• March 2017: Teacher presentations to Loveland Board of Education
• April 2017: Resources and materials purchased
• August 2017-May 2018: Ongoing support and reflection
“This is a results-driven investment for our district,” said Hilliker. “Our expectation is that the end result will be the development of unique and innovative classroom learning experiences, with specific, aligned and sustainable models of innovation we intend to model and pilot across the school district, with the potential of implementation on a broader scale.”
The Loveland community will be involved in the grant selection and award process, providing additional opportunities to inform and educate all stakeholders around the importance of innovation in the classroom.
Photo caption: Loveland Technology Director David Knapp presents an overview of the Innovative Classroom Grants initiative to the Loveland Board of Education during the September 27, 2016, Board Business Meeting at Loveland High School.