School Nurses and Clinics
A student’s ability to learn is affected by his/her physical, mental, emotional, and learning environment health. Loveland students are supported through both direct and indirect services provided by the district nurses and health aides who make up the Health Services. Assessment, planning, implementation/ intervention and evaluating are the cornerstone for all that the district nurses are involved with, including addressing individual health concerns, educating on health-related topics, promoting special programs, screenings, and responding to the physical, mental and emotional needs of students and staff alike. Additionally, the district nurses:
- Collaborate with other professionals on the special needs of students including, but not limited to, evaluation and IEP team meetings;
- Collaborate with the administrative team to encourage wellness programs for staff and students;
Conduct vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings from PS-11th grade making sure any identified needs are met;
- Collaborate and serve as liaisons with health professionals outside the school setting in order for students to achieve success at school;
- Serve on various committees;
- Provide continuity of care for students with health-related needs as they move through the school system.
We ask for parent support in accurately completing and submitting health forms so we are properly prepared to care for student health needs, including emergency medical authorization (EMA) and medication administration forms.Our School Health Clinics
The district nurses oversee the complete operation of each clinic, working directly with the full-time health aide assigned to each building preschool through eighth grade. One of the district nurses solely manages the high school clinic. The health aides provide basic first aid and care, coordinate all paperwork, distribute medications, identify student needs for the district nurse to address by keeping her informed of daily needs at the building level, and keeping the clinic running effectively and efficiently. Team is the name of the game with Health Services!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the district nurses at 513-677-7973 and leave a voice message.