A student’s ability to learn is affected by his or her physical health, and by the health of his or her learning environment. Our three district nurses will attend to individual health concerns, conduct regular vision and hearing tests, seek to educate students on proper hygiene and personal care, and promote special programs such as PAWS (Promoting an Attitude of Wellness in Schools), which serve to maintain the healthy learning environment found in Loveland schools. Additionally, our district nurses:
* Attend to individual health concerns
* Provide health teaching to staff, individual students, and groups of students
* Collaborate with other professionals on the special needs of students including, but not limited to, team and IEP meetings
* Collaborate with the administrative team to encourage wellness programs for staff and students alike
* Promote special programs, such as PAWS (Promoting an Attitude of Wellness in Schools) which serve to maintain the healthy learning environment found in Loveland Schools
* Conduct hearing, vision, and scoliosis screening and making sure any identified needs are met
* Collaborate and serve as liaison with health professionals outside the school setting in order to achieve success at school
* Respond to all emergency situations
* Serve on various district committees
We ask for parent support in accurately completing and submitting health forms so that we are properly prepared to care for student health needs. To obtain a copy of these forms, please visit the District Form page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our school nurses.
Be sure to check out our Healthbeat newsletter for more tips on keeping your Tigers healthy!
Our School Clinics
The district nurses oversee the complete operation of each clinic, working directly with the full-time health aide assigned to each building pre-school through eighth grade. One of the district nurses solely manages the high school clinic. The health aides provide basic first aid, coordinate all paperwork, distribute medications, identify student needs for the RN to address by keeping her informed of daily needs at the building level, and keep the clinic running effectively and efficiently.
Please feel free to contact our district nurses with any questions or concerns.