What Has the School District Done to Manage Its Budget Every Year?
- There is a 0% increase in the pay scale for teachers and administrators for the 2021-22 and 2022-23 school years. There is a 0% increase in the pay scale for classified staff for the 2022-23 school year. Staffing makes up 86% of our expenses, so this was a significant savings to the district
- Hiring high quality, less experienced staff to replace veteran staff as they retire or resign
- Keeping a close watch on full-time equivalent employees (FTEs)
- Awarded $5.3 million in Elementary and Secondary School Relief Fund (ESSER). Wherever possible, these funds were used to offset current expenses.
- Staffing reductions were made after 2020 levy failure, including elimination of high school busing
Number of Full-Time Equivalent Employees (FTEs)