A student’s ability to learn is affected by his/her physical, mental, emotional, and learning environment health. Loveland students are supported through both direct and indirect services provided by the district nurses and health aides who make up the Health Services. Assessment, planning, implementation/ intervention, and evaluating are the cornerstone for all that the district nurses are involved with, including addressing individual health concerns, educating on health-related topics, promoting special programs, screenings, and responding to the physical, mental and emotional needs of students and staff alike. Additionally, the district nurses:
- Collaborate with other professionals on the special needs of students including, but not limited to, evaluation and IEP team meetings;
- Collaborate with the administrative team to encourage wellness programs for staff and students;
Conduct vision, hearing and scoliosis screenings from PS-11th grade making sure any identified needs are met;
- Collaborate and serve as liaisons with health professionals outside the school setting in order for students to achieve success at school;
- Serve on various committees;
- Provide continuity of care for students with health-related needs as they move through the school system.