As we prepare for the start of a new school year just around the corner, we want to remind all 7-12 grade families of some important information regarding Tiger One to World plans at Loveland High School (LHS) and Loveland Middle School (LMS).
Supporting our students learning in all of their classes, all students in grade 7-12 will be required to come to school every day with an electronic learning device. It is during the back-to-school schedule pick up at LMS and LHS (see schedule below) where students will either pick up their district Chromebook or register their personal bring your own (BYOD) electronic learning device. Following are some important reminders:
1) For ALL students grades 7-12:
- In order to be issued a district Chromebook or register your electronic learning device, parent and student must first agree to the Acceptable Use Policy. This is a part of the Emergency Medical Authorization (EMA) which is available through the Parent Portal.
- New Chromebooks will be available for pick up for the following students:
- Students in grades 7-12 NEW to Loveland City School District
- All incoming 7th grade students
- Students in grades 8-12 who previously opted to bring their own device, but now wish to pay for a district Chromebook
- NOTE: Students who currently have a district Chromebook will not be able to exchange their current Chromebook for the newer model.
- As evidence of completing the EMA, all students will be required to present their school schedule prior to being assigned a Chromebook or registering their BYOD. Therefore, all students should first pick up their schedule before attempting to pick up or register their device which will be taking place in the Media Center at both LHS and LMS.
2) For students receiving a district Chromebook:
- There is no payment needed at the time of pick up. The $80 fee for use of a Chromebook will be applied later this fall along with rest of your student’s school fees.
- Students being assigned a district Chromebook will be required to sign the User Agreement for District-Provided Chromebooks (available at pick up) before receiving their device.
3) For students bringing their own device (BYOD) to school:
- IMPORTANT: All students who will be bringing their own device to school for 18-19 must register their device with the school. This includes those devices that have been registered with the school in years past. This registration will occur during schedule pick up, there you must bring your device with you during this time for the following purposes:
- Access to LCSD_BYOD wireless network: The MAC address for each BYOD machine will be collected so that students can access the secure LCSD_BYOD wireless network while at school.
- Installation of Securly certificate: In accordance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act, Securly provides internet filtering for all district machines, as well as access to content while at school. The installation of this certificate is necessary on all machines, and allows users access to websites which use certain encryption methods. This certificate DOES NOT collect any data on the machine or user, outside of data relating to the filtering methods used while accessing the school’s internet.
If students wish to have district technology support inspect their device when it is not working properly, students also need to sign the Student BYOD Technology Support Permission Form (available at schedule pick up) during registration.
- A reminder that no smart phones or tablets will be registered as electronic learning devices. For more information regarding BYOD device specifications, please see our FAQ's.
Schedule Pick Up Dates
Loveland Middle School
- Grade 8: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14
- Grade 7: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15
- Alternative pick up date: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 15
Loveland High School
- Grade 10: 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14
- Grade 12: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 14
- Grade 9: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16
- Grade 11: 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16
For additional details on the Tiger One to World Program, we invite you to visit the Tiger Tech Den
or check out the One to World FAQs
. If you have any further questions, please contact David Knapp, Director of Technology and Innovation, through email at email@example.com
or by phone at (513) 683-5600 ext. 6216.
We look forward to seeing you all soon. Enjoy what’s left of your summer!
Article posted August 2, 2018.