Loveland City School District ‘Sign Up for News’ and ‘School Alerts’
The Loveland City School District has two platforms for mass, direct communication:
• Sign Up for News – a system the district uses to communicate district and building news to parents and students through a once-a-week (Sunday) email distribution
• School Alerts – a system the district utilizes in the event of an emergency or closing; this system has the capability to distribute email, text, and voice message alerts
These are separate systems that require unique accounts.
SIGN UP FOR NEWS
If you are interested in keeping up with school/district news headlines by receiving a once-a-week eNewsletter, click here to access the link to create your account. (This link can also be accessed by going to www.lovelandschools.org and clicking on the “Parents” tab on the top navigation bar and clicking on “Notification Sign Up”.) Please contact Chief Information Officer Heather Higdon (email@example.com) if you have any additional questions. Directions are as follow:
• Step One: Personal Information. Provide the information as requested. Click Continue.
• Step Two: Contact Preferences. Provide the information as requested.
Enter your email, cell phone and cell carrier information. (Cincinnati Bell wireless is AT&T/Cingular); do not enter a landline phone number as it will be unable to receive text notification. Click Continue.
• Step Three: Dashboard Preferences. Provide the information as requested. Check the information you would like to receive. Click continue.
• Step Four: Confirm and Submit. When you have confirmed your information click Submit.
This is the only system that will distribute direct emergency and closing information.
Emergency and closing information will also be posted on the district website (www.lovelandschools.org) and on the district social media sites, which all members of the Tiger Family are encouraged to follow: Facebook (Loveland City Schools), Twitter (@lovelandtigers).
All members of the Tiger Family have the opportunity to sign up to receive district alerts when completing the Emergency Medical Form. Please be aware that every phone number you select (via checking the box) on that form will be contacted in the event of an alert. If you have any questions contact Central Registrar Lou Ann Downey at (513) 774-6223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the below video for complete instructions on how to edit your School Alerts settings: