Loveland City Schools Vision
The focus of Loveland Schools is academic performance. Loveland students perform at the highest level academically as recognized by experts and by the community. Student learning is centered on the Ohio proficiency test subject areas with mastery demonstrated by a 90% passing rate in each area. Allocation of available resources is directed toward improving student academic performance.
Students are affirmed and challenged to perform their best in a positive, respectful environment. Success is achieved when each student’s abilities and needs are determined and met. Student success is the primary responsibility of all staff.
Schools are highly flexible in meeting the learning needs of the school-age population and in providing expanded opportunities for the entire community. Programs are not constrained by traditional time factors and facilities. Technology is fully utilized and serves as a resource to expand both time and facilities.
Loveland Schools Guiding Principles
Student academic achievement is our primary product.
- We are student focused
- We seek to be recognized for student academic achievement
- We inspire and enable students in academic achievement
- We affirm students for academic performance
We build cooperative relationships with all parties who contribute to fulfilling our purpose. This includes student, staff, parents, and community.
- Interests of school and community are inseparable and interdependent
- We show respect for all individuals and work to build confidence and trust
- We develop close, mutually productive, cooperative relationships with the community
- We communicate clearly, broadly and honestly with all stakeholders
We are a learning community:
- We believe that it is the responsibility of all individuals to continually develop themselves and other members of the learning community
- We value personal achievement
- We value professional achievement
- We recognize achievement is broader than academics alone
Ideas and concepts are evaluated as they relate to our vision and strategies:
- Both innovative and proven programs will contribute to the success of Loveland schools
- Research data is used to evaluate programs prior to their implementation
- Benchmarks are used to evaluate the performance of ongoing programs
- Flexibility is an important aspect for the use of resources in our school system