Supporting the priorities established under our Destination Loveland campaign, the Tiger One-to-World Initiative provides the opportunity for all of our students in grades 7-12 at Loveland High School and Loveland Middle School to obtain a Chromebook from the school district. Details of the plan are as follows:
There are three (3) options for students to obtain a device:
1) Families pay a $80/year annual technology fee for use of a district Chromebook (default option).
After three years, ownership of device transfer to family. Cost of the fee includes:
- 4GB Acer Chromebook ($189)
- Protective case with Loveland logo ($20)
- Google management license ($25)
2) Students may choose to bring their own device (BYOD).
This device must meet general device requirements, and device will be registered through the school. Smart phones are not considered to be an approved student device.
3) Students who qualify for free/reduced lunch will be provided a Chromebook at no cost.
- Benefits of the district Chromebook option include Loveland provided break/fix support and maintenance, while also providing loaner devices if maintenance on the device is required.
- All students participating in the Chromebook option will also be provided a Chromebook case to provide additional security against damages.
- By default, families will be enrolled in the district Chromebook option.
If families wish for their student to bring their own device (BYOD), they will notify the district of their decision during the scheduling process of their 6th and 9th-grade years.
Please refer to our Tiger One-to-World FAQ’s
for more information regarding each of the topics above, as well as information that pertains to other aspects of the program.
This year, the district plans on purchasing the new Acer C731 Chromebook which features a rugged, military inspected exterior as well as a touchscreen? You can check out product details for the device here
. We will also have display units available at the LIS and LMS front desks if you would like to see the device in person.
For more information regarding this plan, including plan specifics, details on the Chromebook device, as well as general questions on bring your own device specifications, click here
to access our list of frequently asked questions.
Information regarding device pickup for 7th grade students will be released later this spring. For information on all things Loveland student technology, please visit the Tiger Tech Den
In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.
Director of Technology