It is normal for children whose parents are divorcing to experience a negative reaction. It is normal for them to sometimes express anger, sadness, and anxiety about the future. But a child or family may need professional help if these feelings are unusually intense, are prolonged in duration, cause physical symptoms, or interfere with the normal day-to-day task of childhood.
The following is a list of books on divorce you may want to share with your child.
- Dinosaurs Divorce – Laurene Krasny & Marc Brown
- At Daddy’s on Saturday – Linda W. Girand
- Mommy and Daddy are Fighting – Susan Paris
- Where is Daddy? – Beth Goff
- Will Dad Ever Move Back Home – Paula Hogan
- My Mother’s Getting Married – Joan Drescher
- Sam is my Half Brother – Lizi Boyd